Monday 6 December 2010

6th December 2010


Woooo Hoooo and it looks as though normal service has been resumed - fingers crossed. Finally I can post pictures , send and receive e-mails and read blogs again. Oh I have missed you all.
Thank you for bearing with me .


These pictures were all taken on Saturday and as you can see we still have plenty of snow although with temperatures of at least -10 during the night a lot of it is now turning to ice .


Walking anywhere is pretty lethal . You can't walk on a lot of the paths as there are piles of snow/ice everywhere not only from the paths being cleaned but also where all the snow has fallen off roofs. As for the icicles, I've never seen them so big ....


A few streets away from where we live the snow is causing lots of damage to the old houses . Can you see the big crack on the right hand side of the window and where the windows have buckled ? Scary.



We only had two snow days from school although other schools close by were off for the full week. One day we only had 8 pupils in the class and the daft thing was that some people who live on the same street as the school were ringing in to say that they couldn't make it !!


I don't think that this is the last we will be seeing of the snow this winter and to be honest I don't really mind it . I am dreading when it starts to melt though as we'll probably have rivers running down the streets and need a boat to get to school instead of a sledge.


Oh, and that is me waving my arms at the bottom of the hill and the little dot beside me is Gabe... that was one heck of a ride .


4 comments:

julie said...

Good to have you back in full colour again - especially with such fun photos! All of our snow has gone now although it's still bitterly cold so Amy's a little envious of the sledging pictures - she's keen for the snow to return so she can get hers out.

Anonymous said...

Yay for improoved internet capabilities!! Looks like you guys have had lots of fun in the snow! My brother is still freezing his butt off! Thanks for putting on the coldest weather for his visit! ;)

Diane said...

Glad you are back!! And you are so making the most of the snow. Like you, I dont think that this will be the last we see of it! xxxx

Simone said...

I just love these happy snow pictures! (Apart from the scary one of the cracked house and buckled window!)You all look like you are having a great time - wish I could join in. We don't have any snow here - just the bitter cold. x