Thursday 5 August 2010

5th August 2010

Firstly, thank you for all your kind comments from yesterdays post . I think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself due to all these hormones doing strange things but I suppose it's what you come to expect when you are female and of a certain age. If anyone has any " flush" tips or suggestions I'd love to hear them...



As far as all the broken appliances go we now have a new microwave and the car is all fixed . There is a long very boring story about the washing machine so to cut it short . This morning we bought a washer from quite a well known electrical store , the woman who sold it to us was very pushy , gave us wrong information and basically wound me up something chronic, it also didn't help that the " free delivery on all items " signs around the store meant it would be free if you were prepared to wait for 3 weeks !! So, this afternoon when I got a text message from them with more duff information I went back to the store and cancelled the whole thing. We are now getting one from a local store which has been in business for 40 years and fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow.



The photos are from a little walk that me and the boys took after we'd dropped Hub off at work . He's on lates this week so starts at 2pm and doesn;t finish until 10pm .



I know I've said it before but we really are lucky to have so many nice parks where we live . I've shown pictures of this one before but it's not one we visit very often.
There is a house behind these gates and the park used to be part of its gardens. ( there is a link if you click on house but I can't get it to be a different colour )



Unfortunately it was set on fire recently by vandals but most of it was saved . If you have £850.00 spare and would like to buy it then click here . It's a pity really because with a bit of love and a lot of money it could be a gorgeous house.



I never realised just how many damson trees there were here but most of them were just too high for us to pick. With the help of a crooked stick we did manage to hook a few branches and pick off about a dozen or so.



The trees here are really old and the trunks are so thick , I should have done the " hug test" to try to work out exactly how old - maybe next time .



We also saw a grey squirrel but the pheasants and partridges were nowhere to be seen. It didn't really matter though, it was just nice to be out amongst the green and feel the warmth of the sun.



Fingers crossed the sun comes out tomorrow so we can get the washing dry - that's if I manage to get it done !!

6 comments:

driftwood said...

hope you are feeling better today x
I know someone who swore by a bread recipe with lots of hormone friendly ingredients, will see if I can find it for you.

hurrah for local shops, the service is SO much better than in those horrid superstores xx

gorgeous looking walk too - (and the link shows up in a different colour to me!)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're getting your 'three' things sorted out!! That's a bit deceptive... 'free delivery' ... I wouldn't have thought that meant that you had to wait so long to receive something. Here's hoping the new option goes to plan for you. Beautiful parks you have!!

Lyn said...

lovely post with pretty photos. Some days are just like that, best to just try and forget and it seems the next day was better!
love
Lyn
xxx

Simone said...

Just catching up with your previous posts. I hope you are feeling better. I am not surprised that you were feeling down with all the mechanical worries of the last few days!!! The park is beautiful and sure to raise your spirits. I feel better just looking at the photos! x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

loving these pictures, a walk in the woods often helps me with those days of 'what's wrong with me'. I hope your feeling a little better now. Funny how we go through stages in our lives that just don't sit right...

Thimbleanna said...

Yay for the new appliances! I hope today has been a much better day. I always feel better if I can just get outside and to be out with your little cuties in such a beautiful place would be heaven to me. Your pictures are gorgeous!