Friday 11 September 2009

Amsterdam ...... Part 3

Unfortunately our time in Amsterdam was over all too quickly and we were sitting on the bus heading back to the boat , there were still a few photo opportunities though.



can you see the windmill in the distance ?



A double decker train... not something I've ever seen before.



And a self portrait by Hub.



Leaving Amsterdam I was quite surprised to see all these beach huts,



as for some reason I never thought of it as being a ' beachy' place



but according to Hub some of the best kite surfers in the world come from the Netherlands.

Back on deck , there was entertainment for the young ones, Milo helped out Magician Mike



but I think Gabe liked the disco the best



he loves a bit of a boogie..



After such a long day we were all a bit pooped so it was a bit of an early night, for 3 of us it was anyway.





I was up bright and early the next day so I decided to go and watch the sunrise and look for dolphins which I was told you quite often see as you are heading up the English coast.



I didn't get to see any dolphins ( which was a pity ) but the sunrise was just amazing , well worth being on deck at 6am for.



If I showed you all the pics I took I think I might overload your computer :-)

All in all it was a great spontaneous trip and fingers crossed we'll do it again. Amsterdam is definately a place that needs to be explored more .

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Lisa what a lovely time it looks like you guys had! And what a lot you packed in to the time you were there!!! Beautiful place!

Locket Pocket said...

The pictures of the boys asleep is gorgeous! Lucy xxx

Carol said...

Lisa your boys all look adorable.
I love the one of Gabe doing his party piece. I think the ships are such fun for the kids. When we go, everyone says that their kids are having the best time ever.
The double decker train looks fun is that he one you can sleep on and travel to Italy on?
The sunsets are amazing.
Hugs,
Carol x

...Nina Nixon... said...

Lovely pictures and what a little boogie guy you have there!!

Have a lovely weekend,

Nina x

Dianne said...

LOVELY pictures! Thanks so much for sharing with us...

Blessings,
Dianne

BALLET NEWS said...

Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

Homemade by Margy said...

Funny to see how other people experience Amsterdam. I used to live near AMsterdam and for me it is all so common. Enjoyed reading your posts.

gayle said...

Milo is so big! I hadn't checked out the blog for a few months over the summer, I can't get over how grown up he looks. Glad you had a lovely time.

LizzieJane said...

Lovely holiday pic's, what a great place to visit. Your sleeping boys look so peaceful. I am sure that you all did a lot on your vacation and you were pretty well tired at the end of the day.
x

Thimbleanna said...

Your Amsterdam pics have made me want to visit again! Love the pics of those adorable little boys -- especially that last one ;-)!