Thursday 10 January 2008

New Beginnings

Not only is this the first post of my new Blog but also the start of a new life as my 2nd nephew was born today Nicholas John was born at 11.45am weighing in at a whopping 12lb 6oz. Welcome to the world big un.
Yesterday was not only his mam's birthday but also my birthday and I had a great day. I actually had a lie in ( they are extremely rare) and breakfast in bed. My 3 yr old M kept trying to tell me what my presents were whilst Hub was trying to keep him quiet, bless him. I got my new No 7 Daycream, Tatty Grey Bear sitting on a cupcake-- so cute --and a lovely bunch of flowers with Lillies and Freesia. After M had gone to nursery I went for a walk with G wrapped up in his pram, in the freezing cold down the Park to feed the ducks . Tufty, the only duck not a Mallard, was still there and I
always try to throw him the most bread. I also like to try and feed the robins.

Berries in the park.



Sunset in the park


After the boys had gone to bed Hub cooked me a lovely tea, Mussels for starters and Steak for main course. He'd set the table up like in a restaurant and even wrote out a mini winelist-- thats why I love him..

Mmmm.


Anyway, I think I have the magazine 25 Beautiful Homes to thank for this. They posted pictures of Cherry Menloves house with her website address, from her website I found Little Cotton Rabbits and thanks to Julies inspirational blog, I went out and bought a teddy bear pattern and some wool so wish me luck.

I'm not very computer literate so even getting this far is good for me.
I'll let you know how the knitting goes


1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Hi Lisa. Happy belated Birthday. Great first post! Sounds like you had a lovely Birthday, especially the lovely meal cooked by your husband. Congratulations on your second nephew too. Wow, what a size!