Tuesday 4 October 2011

* 110 *

Thank you so much for all your help with my posting pictures problem. Between Rachel's suggestion and Tess's advice I've managed to fix it, or so it seems with no money exchanging hands yeah .Thanks girls.
 Well after Saturdays heatwave it looks as though we are now actually starting Autumn. It's very much colder and the wind is whipping the fallen leaves into a frenzy which is what I think Autumn should be like.
 There are still a few blooms about although they are starting to fade quite rapidly. These were taken this afternoon whilst me and Gabe were doing our walk around the park when Milo was at Gardening club.
Quite a few Foxgloves which I was surprised at, maybe there is an Autumn variety? Not so many little insects though, a few bees but no butterflies or ladybirds.
I thought I would stick with my ladybird theme for this months header photo. It was taken last week and I had to stand on tip-toes with my arm up in amongst the Beech leaves to get it. I think it was worth it as I love the colours, pity I didn't get its face though.
On Sunday evening I went for an induction at work. It seems funny saying work, chuckle, anyway there are ten of us starting, wow, that's a lot isn't it for a small shop but to me that means it's going to be busy, busy, busy which I much prefer to honest.
On Saturday evening Hub and I had a night out without the boys and it was great . We went through to Newcastle to see something called the Revival Tour . It was basically a bunch of guys from different bands all getting together to do an acoustic set, so there were four acoustic guitars an upright bass and a fiddle player and you know what -- it was brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
 Right, well I'm off to watch a bit of telly now and sink a few glasses of wine .... enjoy.

13 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely photos and your new header is bonnie too.

Denise said...

Love the Foxglove picture. I used to live in Suffolk and once bought a house that I named Foxgloves :-) we had numbers in our street so you had to name your house. I named it Foxgloves cos Winnie the pooh has them groing at his front door!! :-)

Denise said...

We had NO numbers, I meant to say.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Yes Lisa, you found the correct blog. I think the problem is that I blog with Wordpress but the link to my name if you are on blogger takes you to a page with no information. Thanks for taking the time to look. I think I found your blog via Mary Jane's Tearoom.

Thimbleanna said...

So fall IS going to arrive there then? ;-D Your photos are beautiful!

Simone said...

Lovely wildlife photos. Wine on a school night! I am just off out to buy a bottle for tonight!!!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Beautiful photographs Lisa...and I shall raise my glass of wine to you this evening...Good luck in your new job!
Susan x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa your iamges are lovely. My garden is starting to look a bit sad now. I am waiting for when everything has gone to sleep so I can get out there and really give the boarders a tidy and mulch. I agree autumn is truly here now, wind, leaves and that little dampness in the air is starting to happen. I love it really, woolies, hats and log fires! funnily enough took Jude to hospital the other day and out came one of your lovely jumpers they still look perfect.
Hugs,
Carol x

Anonymous said...

Lisa I am having trouble with blog too...cannot leave comments on some blogs for some reason, cookie errors, password rejection ! in the end I give up.
Cx

Twiggy said...

Lovely pics !!
twiggy x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Cheers... oh my how I love your header picture, so beautiful...

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Lovely photos and I agree, a bit weird seeing foxgloves at this time of year but then my garden's doing very strange things with this late heat.

Lucky you getting a night out! Well deserved I'm sure and I'm glad you had fun. We have a wedding in a couple of weeks and for the first time ever my sister is taking the kids overnight....I'm hoping it doesn't put her off ever doing it again - ha ha! Bethx

Helen said...

Gosh it looks so much more alive than my garden !! I love your cardoons.
Love Helen