Monday 24 August 2009

Lickety Split.

On Saturday we were at a bit of a loss at what to do when Hub remembered that a friend of his had been to a new ice cream parlour not far from our sea glass beach. It was done out 50's style so we decided to give it a go.



When we arrived there was a queue out of the door but it wasn't very long so we decided to wait. Just inside the door we saw these - wow .



There was music playing but it was so quiet you could hardly here it.



I don't think Milo was too impressed !! I wouldn't say no to either the fridge or the Wurlitzer.
The service was sooo slow , but given the fact that it is a new place we hung on in there.



A little bit of colouring in whilst waiting for the sundaes to arrive.



They were nice but I'm not sure they were worth £4 each ..



but Gabe did get his photo taken with the King.



The staff were all dressed up too but I didn't manage to get any pics of the twirly skirts .

Hub is off work for a week now so tomorrow we are taking a little jaunt across the water -- I'll tell you all about it in a couple of days ... see you soon .

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Milo looks like he is enjoying that sunday.

...Nina Nixon... said...

Lickety Split indeed. I love ice cream, but your right £4 each - that is a lot though as a treat once in a while I guess it's OK.

Have a lovely trip 'across the water'

Nina x

Renaissance said...

Oh my just look at those ice cream sundaes, yum!

Thimbleanna said...

Those little boys are too cute -- and man, that ice cream looks yummy! Hope you're having a fun trip!

Locket Pocket said...

It looks like a fun place but shame the ice-creams were so expensive.

Have a great holiday!

Lucy x

Louise said...

Looks like the boys thought they were worth every penny! x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Those ice cream sundaes look amazing!

Poppy said...

Yummy, ice cream is my favourite!

Have a lovely time across the water…love Lou xxx

The Wittering Knitter said...

Oh wow! This would be my dream place - I sometimes wish I could time travel to the 50s for a while :) I love Elvis too!! Great post :)