Thursday 23 October 2008

I Am A Hopper..

From reading lots and lots of Blogs I've noticed that most people tend to stick to one type of craft. Wether it be sewing, knitting, quilting, card making or something else they have found their niche, they are good at it and very rarely stray from their chosen path.
I don't think I've found my path yet so I admit I am a hopper - I flit from one type of craft to another never being 100% happy with any of them. Some get very close but not quite getting there yet.
My latest one makes me happy. It started with this little fella, aptly called Sunny after
Sunderland Football Club . He's in the team colours you see.



He was closely followed by this little chap, not sure exactly what he is - a cross between a cat and a squirrel maybe ? There is something not quite right about his face, but he does have a lovely bobble hat.





Then we have Zak the zebra , he's a bit of a rebel with his orange Mohawk.








If anyone would like Zak he will be going in my Etsy shop very shortly

Hub has banned me from buying anymore crafting stuff after he found 6 pairs of socks which were so obviously not for anyone in the Periwinkle household!!! I must learn to hide things better next time!!!!


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a hopper too! Cute sock toys - espcially the zebra!

syko kajsa said...

I used to be very much of a hopper before I found my favourite thing! Ten years back I was crazy about knitting...

Kitty said...

6 pairs of socks? Is that all? Crikey what on earth would he say about my *whisper it ...* WHITE BOX :-o

Love your socky makes there Peri - the zebra is especially fab. I think I have a book with one of those in somewhere ... not sure I've seen it since we moved though?!

x

Poppy said...

If you find a good hiding place let me know, i could do with one. i'm definitely a hopper, cute sock toys. x

Unknown said...

Zack the Zebra is too much - fabulous!!! I'm a hopper too ... I think ...

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of the same thing...I have a bag of felted sweaters hidden in my closet! I need to pick something right?

Your creations are sweet!

Anonymous said...

So cute! You and my Mama could open a sock animal business! x

Ally Jay said...

I like to dabble in other crafts but always feel so disappointed that the end results resembles road kill that I quickly revert back to what I have become good at over many many years. Oh that's right It has taken me twenty years to get vaguely good at knitting. so in twenty years' time I should be good at cardmaking, quilts applique, embroidery. Hmm not without the practice. Enjoy your hopping.

Kellie said...

Fancy getting caught Lisa!!!!! You sould never let them find your stash! Shame on you! Still vey cute sock crafting!
Plus I'm with Kitty. That really isn't many socks ... I have bought multiple packs of 4 socks (which would never fit my kids) with the intention of only ever using one sock from each pack ... but don't tell anyone! Especially my husband!!!

driftwood said...

I think it sounds like you are multi-talented to me. and I'm always getting into trouble for buying craft supplies, apparently there can be too much fabric - surely not......

LisaAnn said...

Those are so cute! You must learn to hide your crafting habits away from your husband:)

LizzieJane said...

Loving the zebra, I am still a hopper even though it seems like I have found my niche I am always looking to try something new.

Adrienne said...

Love the all. They are too cute!

DH likes to call me 'trendy' - I don't stick to much very long!

Definitly need to work on the hiding ;-)

Miss sew n sew said...

I have to hide my growing stash of things I've bought too!
They r all really cute love zebra's hairstyle!
Sarahx

Jenn Maruska said...

There's something very appealing about Zak's nose - I like it very much!

Make more! : D

Jenny said...

Don't you hate it when you hubby comes around to what you're up to and frowns...I hate frowning husbands! Ha! I have to say that if this was a Hoppers Anonymous meeting I would have to be on my feet saying 'Hi, my name's Jenny, and I'm a Hopper....' I'm soooooo glad to see that someone else has noticed that other people seem to carve out a
'thang' for themselves while we languish in the abyss of constantly seeing something more attractive to try out of the corner of our eye! Viva la Hop! Jen

diddlinaknits said...

I love trying new things. I do tend to always go back to knitting but sometimes you just need a break :) Great Sock toys!

Lisa said...

I consider myself more of a 'dabbler'... quilting is my main thing... but I dabble in other crafty things! Love the sock monkeys. On my dabbling-to-do list!