Wednesday 19 March 2008

Tour Of My Garden

I've noticed lately that a few people have been taking us on tours of their local areas and where they live so I thought I would take you all on a tour of my garden!

And here it is.



Lovely isn't it? In the foreground on the right we have a Snapdragon with last years seed heads still on it and on the left we have a Geranium. In the pot in the very bottom left hand corner we have this

A lone red Tulip - bless it.


There are a couple of these, I think they are called Pushkinias. Quite dainty little things with blue stripes.


I've got one daffodil.... lots of leaves around but only one actually flowered,. The middle really is lovely if you can make out all the petals.


Saving the best until last a Japanese Cherry Tree, which is in a pot - last year we did actually get a tiny cherry and I mean TINY.


Close up of the flowers


At the very back of the "garden" is a Mexican Orange Blossom which has never flowered and also in pots we have four cherry trees. Hub planted some cherry pips three years ago and they are now each about six foot tall.
So that was my garden. I hope you enjoyed your tour and feel sorry for all the hard work I have to do to keep it up to this standard-- you know all the digging and weeding etc.
In the summer I do plant up more pots and put up hanging baskets, there are also plants still in hiding not yet awoken from their winter sleeps so it isn't really as barren as it looks at the minute.

To be honest one of my dreams is to have a proper garden with loads of flowers and mature trees etc so I can't help but be envious of all the lovely gardens I see that are out there. Maybe one day..................

12 comments:

tess said...

you have some lovely flowers, and you don't have to spend back breaking hours with a lawn mower...

Just Original said...

Those 'Proper' gardens you wish for are very hard work. I would love a bit of a vegetable patch, but I will continue to use my Dad's.

Nice tour thank you!

Kate said...

I love spring bulbs - they make every garden happy!

Cheryl Miller said...

I am so jealous. If I gave a tour of my yard right now, it would look like a dreary November day, with dry leaves in all the corners and not a green shoot in sight. Oh well. It will come. And yes, I suppose my fabric collection is somewhat decadent, but most of it's second-hand, so it's not THAT big an investment. (My husband might disagree...) Cheryl

Ragged Roses said...

It's great to be able to see any flowers in the garden at this time of the year. my daffodils aren't flowering at all, I think they need digging up! Have a very happy Easter weekend
Kimx

Lucy Bloom said...

Thanks for the tour, I'm afraid gardening isn't top priority in our household, so I wouldn't dare show pictures of mine right now. I'd like it to look lovely, if only someone else would do the work for me!
Have a lovely Easter,
Lucy x

gayle said...

You know the saying, it's not having what you want but wanting what you've got. The key to happiness. I think it's healthy though to covet that wee bit extra whilst loving what you have! There is beauty in small things.

Shirl said...

Nice to see some colour in your garden. Everything I do is in pots because my "garden" is 2 floors up - and we have a shed lol!

Anonymous said...

Well your lawn is far nicer than ours and I love the painted wall! I, too, would love to have a huge garden with lots of mature trees etc but still, it can be fun making a mini paradise out of a tiny plot, it just shows your creativity!

Louise said...

Happy Easter! Any size garden is a proper garden. You have shown how to make a lovely garden, in what you know as a small space. I have a fair size garden which I love, but I can honestly say that on occasions I wish I didn't have all the work that goes with it, it takes a lot of time, energy and money! I hope the sun comes out tomorrow, so you can enjoy the last day of the Easter break outside? x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Beautiful pictures, ahhh spring is here at last

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

There is a lot going on in your garden much to be admired and enjoyed. I had a fabulous window box garden when I lived in a top floor flat for many years.. Much as I love my garden the bigger the area the more weeds and work is involved!
As they say..'the grass is always greener'.. or it just seems so!

Thank you for your visit.. it was lovely to hear from you.

Michelex