Wednesday 11 February 2009

Can You Help ?



I'm sure everyone has heard all about the awful fires in Australia - are you wondering what you can do to help?
Apart from making donations to the Red Cross, there are plenty of things happening across Blogland, including an auction over at Melly & Me and there is a list at Meet Me At Mikes.
One thing that I'm going to do is send a couple of handmade toys to The Toy Society .
I've got an address where people from outside of Australia can send toys to, so if you would like to send something please let me know and I'll give you the address. Even if it's just one little toy it will help.......

8 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

It's all so horrible! I'm sending something to the Toy Society too. Have you seen Trashy's raffle? If we all do a little something then I'm sure it will help.

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

You guys are all so generous! I'm sure that the Victorian Bushfire Victims will love your help! :)

gayle said...

that is a great idea. I heard on the TV/radio that money is going to be a huge problem, so I thought I might do that.

Poppy said...

What a lovely idea!
I will look into that now, thanks for sharing!
Love Lou xxx

Anonymous said...

That is so kind, Lisa. It's heartbreaking when they talk to kids who've lost best friends, teachers, and all certainty in their lives.The enormous outpouring of compassion from people all over the world must play such an important part in their ability to hold onto a sense of hope.

Anonymous said...

p.s. sock zebra will make his way to one of these kids.

Kate said...

It is so wonderful to see so many people all over the world helping.

LizzieJane said...

What a great idea, it is really horrible what has happened and it is so great how we all in blogland try to help anyway we can.
x