Sunday 11 March 2012

* 21 ' 2012 *


 WOW, so was today a gorgeous day or what? A perfect Spring day in my opinion although Spring doesn't officially start for another 9 days yet but who's counting. The birds were singing their little hearts out and flowers are popping out and blooming all over the place.


I have to say that once again I didn't wake up in the best of moods, haven't been sleeping very well lately and Gabe has got into the habit of waking up real early, about 6am ish, and yelling for me at the top of his voice . Of course I'm the only one who hears him so have to dive out of bed, onto my poorly foot which I always forget about so I nearly fall over, before he wakes the whole house up. Then 9 times out of 10 I can't get back to sleep so get up before the banging headache starts.


Anyway enough of my moans and groans, the sun today was glorious and boy did it make me feel better. Just a slow walk around the park, for me anyway whilst the boys and pups just ran hell for leather here there and everywhere. We'd missed the main bank of crocus's but there were still plenty around and they were just soooo pretty. Nearly all in shades of purple or white or a mixture of both, no yellow ones  maybe they were amongst the ones we missed.






 This is my favourite tree in the park and I think it's probably the biggest too. It's a huge Beech tree, I wanted to try and give you something to go on just so you could see just how big it is. Look closely and you will see two tiny figures at the base of the tree, that's the boys. Does that give you an idea of it's size?
It was really warm today too and my arms actually got their first airing of the year. It would be nice to think that we will get some decent sunny days this year and then there would be no need to be wishing that you were leaving on a jet plane for a sunnier climate.



The birds are pairing up and are nest building furiously and the old man who sits on the stump has even taken his hat off.  Yes today made me smile .



Hope you had a sunny smiley day too.

5 comments:

June said...

Gorgeous photos of Spring!
June

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Lisa, I was stuck at work all day so didn't see any sun but hopefully there will be more nice days to come.

B xxx

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! Spring is almost here. It was beautiful here today too. Your photos are beautiful -- I'll bet it was a glorious walk. So...have you been to Barter Books?

driftwood said...

it was a truly gorgeous day. perfect for lifting weary spirits xxx

Locket Pocket said...

What a lovely time you had! Wasn't the weather wonderful? Lucy xx